At 11:53 am this morning I received this comment from Tina Dunks Perceptions on my About me page:
“Congratulations! I have nominated you for the Liebster award. To find out what this entails and if you want to participate, visit me at Liebster Award I enjoy your blog and you deserve recognition.”
Wow, what a great honor! My 1st Award. Thank you Tina Dunks 🙂
The Award is given to newcomer bloggers and it helps them get recognition. The word Liebster has German origins and it translates to: sweetheart, nicest, dearest, pleasant, cute, kind, lovely and boyfriend.
The rules for accepting the Liebster award are:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. Geography & Art were my favorite subjects in high school
2. I enjoy baking & find it quiet therapeutic
3. I can understand many languages
4. My left pupil is larger than my right due to an eye accident
5. I love orchids
6. I have been cutting my own hair for almost 2 decades
7. I can paint
8. I am a big foodie & enjoy many different cuisines
9. I love animals
10. I don’t believe in diets but in lifestyle changes
11. I am single
The 11 Bloggers I nominate are:
http://thelonepanda.com/ http://tantoverde.wordpress.com http://alittlethingcalledwanderlust.com/ http://tasteofcolours.wordpress.com/ http://mycleaneatingexperiment.com/ http://bookstravelaholic.wordpress.com/ http://rosesontheroad.wordpress.com/ http://wonderlustr.wordpress.com/ http://susanbrandt-writer.com/ http://hollygracemarie.wordpress.com/ http://mysoulinwander.wordpress.com/
11 Questions for You:
- What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite season?
- Ice cream or gelato?
- Did you watch Breaking Bad?
- What is a talent you wish you had?
- What are some hottest and/or coldest places you’ve been to?
- If money was not an issue, where would you like to be on New Year’s Eve?
- Southeast Asia or South America?
- Big cities or small towns?
- Where is your dream house located?
- Cats or dogs?
My Answers to Original Questions:
1. Who/what inspires you? Smart & creative people
2. Do you remember your dreams when you wake? Most of the time I do
3. Red or White (Wine)? Red
4. 3 wishes……what are they? World Peace, good health, to never lose my passion
5. Dinner Party guest list….6 people, currently alive? 6 of my closest friends
6.Which part of Australia would you most like to visit? Sydney & Scuba Diving The Great Barrier Reef
7. Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire? Gene Kelly
8. International dream destination? Around the World Cruise
9. You are on a beach….is it hot and sunny or cold and windy? Hot & Sunny, always
10. Favourite movie? The Godfather trilogy